Clinics & Services
- Our practice nurse does regular checks on patients with asthma, high blood pressure and other chronic illnesses. She can also deal with minor injuries, dressings, cervical smears, immunisations, and will give advice on travel vaccinations. She will also do an ECG should the doctor advise you
- Our Healthcare Assistant carries out all routine blood pressure checks, blood tests, weight checks and can advise on smoking.
- There are a number of ways we can improve your chances of stopping smoking permanently.
- One You Kent continues to support clients with Smoke-free support at this time. You can phone 0300 123 1220 for further information about the service. You can also self-refer through the website: One You Kent.
- There are many options for contraception. As well as the pill, we offer the contraceptive injection, implants, IUS (mirena) and IUD (coil). These are done by either the GP or the nurse.
We are part of the C-Card Scheme which distributes free condoms to young people. For more information go to www.foryoungpeople.co.uk
- We offer testing for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases. We are part of a scheme to offer Chlamydia self-test kits to patients aged 16-24 years.
- GP appointment required for onward referral.
- They provide nursing care to patients who are housebound or have recently been discharged from hospital. They also advise on community services.
- Community Midwife runs the ante-natal clinic on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. These appointments are booked in advance. The midwife makes home visits after delivery and when necessary and can advise on all aspects of pregnancy including home births.
- We offer services for patients that require monitoring of their INR levels.
- We can offer advice and treatment for a variety of minor injuries including cuts and sprains. If you need advice or treatment, please telephone the surgery before attending A & E as this may prevent a long wait.
South Maidstone Primary Care Network (PCN)
- The South Maidstone PCN was formed on 1st July 2019 & is led by Jackie Gillard (Quality Lead).
- The purpose of a PCN is to share best practice, resources & experience and most importantly drive forward new initiatives./media/content/files/South Maidstone Primary Care Network Statement.doc
Social Prescribing Link Worker
- Patients are offered appointment with a link worker who has the time to talk to them about the social determinants of their health and who connect them to community activities and support.
Community Spoke Diabetes Service
- Clinics for community integrated diabetes for Level 2 spoke & Level 3 patient hub services.
Physiotherapy First Pilot
- Experienced Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners who assist GPs with the management of patients with musculoskeletal complaints.
- If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.