How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
Care Navigation (Signposting)
Over the coming months you will notice your receptionist begin to ask for a brief outline of your problem when you ring to book an appointment.
This is because we are introducing something called “Care Navigation”. It means we are training receptionists and clerical staff to help them help patients by identifying the most appropriate place for their care.
Through this specialist training, our practice team will be able to direct you to the most appropriate health clinician for your needs first.
Receptionists will never offer clinical advice or triage; this new way of working is about offering you the choice to see more appropriate professionals in the practice team or even somewhere else. If they can deal with the problem directly, it will often be quicker and means you may not need to see the GP at all. More Information...
Patient Services is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can book your appointment(s) online.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
To register for this service, please click here.
- The appointment service is currently available to only book routine appointments (2 weeks in advance) with the doctor.
- In case of appointment cancellation, ensure that you cancel it online at least 1 hour before the appointment. Your access to the online service will be barred if you have 5 or more DNAs in three months.
- You will receive a SMS text message reminder 1 day before your appointment and an email notification 3 days before your appointment. This is available only if you book your appointment online.
- If you have any queries please refer to the patient guide
Problems booking online appointments?
Attention - This service will not be available during 2300 and 0300 hours.
To make an appointment, please telephone during Reception opening times or sign up to our On-line appointment booking service which will give you on-line access to routine appointments with your GP and order repeat prescriptions when you want from any location.
- Urgent On the Day appointments (Mon-Fri) are opened daily and you can book these based on availability
- Only one patient per appointment, to discuss only one problem.
- Some afternoon appointments will be able to be pre-booked up to two weeks in advance.
- The telephones lines will open at 8.30am for general enquiries
- Please telephone after 2pm for pre-bookable appointments
- Please telephone after 3pm for results. In the interest of both parties, all telephone calls are recorded.
- You may be asked the nature of your problem to ensure you are offered the appropriate clinician
- Our appointments are for 10 minutes, for one problem and for one person only. You may be asked to book another appointment if there are several problems that need to be dealt with.
Please inform us if you are unable to attend your appointment as soon as possible. If you do not attend your appointment and have not informed us this is recorded on your medical records.
If you continually miss appointments you may be removed from the practice list.
Late for appointments
If you are more than 10 minutes late we may ask you to rebook in order that other patients are not inconvenienced.